Over the last week the linkback spammers of the universe have started targeting pages on this blog as well as a few friends blogs. So, here is how to stop comment spam on wordpress blog pages.
The issue – many themes don’t have an option to turn off comments on the edit page for “pages” in wordpress. But, using “quick edit” you can turn off comments for a given page. Thus to disable comments on pages you need to:
- Log into the admin interface
- Select “Pages” from the left hand menu
- Hover over the pages shown and select “Quick Edit”
- Clear the checkbox on the right hand side the says “Allow Comments” for each page on your site.
- Click “Update” to save your changes.
I suppose this is a bigger issue for people using WordPress “Pages” as their CMS rather than as a traditional blog. As for this blog, it required editing just a few pages to turn comments off. Hassle gone.