I was honored to be one of the presenters at T3PR this last Friday in NYC thanks to Deirdre Breakenridge. Kind words for T3PR posted by Chris Kieff who calls it the “highlight of NYC Internet Week” on 1GoodReason
Best day spent at a conference: The surprising winner for me wasÂ T3PR, the Public Relations Society of Americaâ€™s Theory, Tactics and Technology group.Â Â Why was T3PR surprising?Â Â I guess I was just expecting the PR group to be a bunch of flacks- but they were far from it.Â Â The reason this show was so good for me was because I learned so much from the likes of;Â Justin Levy,Christine Perkett,Â Sarah Evans andÂ Ed Schipul.Â Â They are each brilliant speakers who took the time to prepare for their presentations and cared about deliveringROI to the audience.Â Â A special thanks toÂ Deirdre Breakenridge for inviting me to the show.Â Â Check out the twitter streamÂ posted here.
The live event in New York City offered opportunities for participants to participate in engaging sessions and network with both speakers and other participants, however the conferenceâ€™s reach extended well beyond those in the room. A pre-conferenceÂ â€œtweet chatâ€ served as a virtual pep rally and following the conference many sessions were posted and discussed, including:
- Sarah Evans,Â Sevans Strategy Whatâ€™s next for public relations, strategy and technology (Recap from PRSA Tactics)
- Christine Perkett, President of PerkettPR. Are You A PR Influencer? (Recap on PerkettPRsuasion ) full presentation available here on Slideshare. (My post- presentation videoÂ interviewÂ with Christine is available via theÂ BurrellesLuce Fresh Ideas Blog
- Sandra Fathi, Tech Affect : Tools and Technology for High Tech PR (Slideshare)
- Ed Schipul,Schipul: Personal Brands and Opportunities
- Deirdre Breakenridge,Â T3 conference co-ChairÂ , 2.0 expert and author, shared aÂ post ofÂ Conference HighlightsÂ panel discussion, â€œThe New Era of Blogging,â€ includingÂ ;Â , â€œ Joe Ciarallo, editor,Â PRNewsermanager, Â PR Initiatives atÂ Mediabistro.com (moderator);Â Adam Ostrow, editor-in-chief,Â Mashable.comSara Polsky, editor,Â Curbed.com; andÂ Frederick Mwangaguhunga,founder,Â MediaTakeOut.com
My presentation onÂ the Personal Brand Era is below:
You can view photos from T3PR are on Facebook here, and reuse CC licensed versions of the photos in my Â T3PR Picasa Web Album. All are Creative Commons Attribution (a simple “photo by Ed Schipul” is all that is required for use in print or on the web). A few that I liked and posted to Flickr from the NYC trip are below.