Phoenix public relations professionals can weigh in on a variety of
topics in their industry thanks to a new blog created by one of their
Valley PR Blog, at www.valleyprblog.wordpress.com,
tackles the local PR scene, best practices tips and keeps those in the
field only a click or two away from information and resources in the
And this blog post on Hoi Polloi on the same topic. While obviously I am a lone blogger on this site, most of the truly successful blogs are community blogs like this one. If I were in college, I would so work hard to contribute to these to build my online reputation. A great and easy way to start. Similar to contributing links to spin thicket.
On the flip side, the Valley PR Blog has some work to do.
- The current posts are all over the map on topics. And they don’t all seem on PR. Which is OK, but a more consistent voice would be helpful for readership.
- Be more open. The posts have comments turned on but not trackback. Why? What gives?
- Be more controversial. No matter what you say, tackling interesting topics gets you read.
- Consider reading Naked Conversations – great stuff.
- Um, the layout. I know the chick on Strumpette is stock, but still it is easier on the eyes and relevant to the topic of the blog (or the theme). (disclaimer – Ed – please get a header graphic /done)
Again, kudos to the folks in Phoenix for joining in the conversation. The Scottsdale CVB does a great job as well. So please consider this a bit of constructive criticism and a welcome.